Bengaluru, NFAPost :A Natural calamities and policy intervention of government really changed the landscape of job opportunities. This has created new job opportunities in environmental protection, conservation and policy initiatives,finds a study by the employment-related search engine giant Indeed.
The demand has received another dimension as Prime Minister Narendra Modi plans to announce the ban on single-use plastic on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti. According to Indeed survey these policy initiatives have fuelled five jobs in sustainability that further environmental conservation.
Here are five job roles as listed on Indeed India that further the cause of environmental conservation based on its data based approach.
1. Environmental Manager: The role of an environmental manager comes with the responsibility to oversee the environmental performance organisations, in addition to develop, implement and monitor strategies that promote environmental sustainability. The role can earn an average annual salary of INR 8,03,501 which can go up to INR 21,39,000 per annum.
2. Environmental Specialist: As an environmental specialist, you would be involved in advising and implementing environmental protection programs. Determination of environmental problems and providing practical solutions is a part of the requirements for the role. An environmental specialist earns an average annual salary of INR 7,37,976, with an upper limit of INR 18,48,000 per annum.
3. Urban planner: Urban planners today identify sustainable solutions for community needs and develop short- and long-term solutions to improve and revitalize areas. An urban planner earns an average annual salary of INR 3,92,820, with an upper limit of INR 10,32,000 per annum.
4. Environmental Consultant: An environmental consultant is one who has the ability to assess and provide expert advisory to clients on matters pertaining to the management of environmental issues. An environmental consultant earns an average annual salary of INR 3,66,516, and goes up to INR 7,80,000 per annum.
5. Environmental Health Officer: If you are skilled in monitoring and improving environmental health standards, and have the ability to implement and enforce sustainable practices, this job as an environmental health officer is for you. The role earns an average annual salary of INR 2,89,440 and goes up to INR 7,80,000 per annum.
According to Indeed sources, the Salary estimates are based on salaries submitted anonymously by employees, users, and collected from past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months.